• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

European ticket booking sites, any recommendations?

UBoot

Member
Joined
16 Jun 2026
Messages
5
Location
Hamburg
Does anyone have good/bad experiences with ticket booking sites such as Raileurope, Trainline or Omio?
I'm not asking about your experience of sites for individual countries,
just when one needs a cross border journey.

UB
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,992
Location
Airedale
RE seems fine, no idea what the booking fee is compared with others.

However, in general I would try the national operators (worth checking both "ends" as the offers may not be identical). I can't off-hand think of a case where this wouldn't work (Seat61 would tell me!).
 

bspahh

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2017
Messages
2,446
Does anyone have good/bad experiences with ticket booking sites such as Raileurope, Trainline or Omio?
I'm not asking about your experience of sites for individual countries,
just when one needs a cross border journey.

UB
I would start by checking www.seat61.com

The best ticket booking site depends on the route that you want to use, whether you want to pick a seat for a reservation, how you want to pay, and whether there is an extra fee on top of the price of the tickets.
 

Top