• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Educational Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Established Member
Joined
19 May 2006
Messages
1,410
Location
Near Ashurst New Forest Station
My son has just been given an Educational Season from ANF to Eastleigh...it appears that he can onloy use it for educational purposes so no weekend use. I assume college holidays are excluded as well? Can he still get off at Central and / or Parkway during the week? In the morning it would be better for him to get out at Parkway and walk up rather than change trains, go one stop and have ten minutes in theory to walk to college.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
Joined
9 Aug 2008
Messages
2,731
Educational seasons tend to be valid until 8pm each weekday and only valid for the purposes of getting to or from the educational establishment.

Basically if your not going to use it for that purpose, it isn't valid...
 

wintonian

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
4,889
Location
Hampshire
I never had a problem but then nobody told me I wasn't allowed to break my journey – but I know now. :)

I'm sure I used to get sent a new one each term with the start and end dates corresponding with the term dates, just to make sure I was still entitled to use one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top