• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast HSTs

Rob Curnow

New Member
Joined
6 Jul 2026
Messages
1
Location
Somerset
I'm trying to work out the orientation of the catering cars in the early class 254 sets which had both a TRUK and a TRSB.

I understand that initially the TRSB was formed in the middle of the four second class trailers but was moved up to be adjacent to the TRUK which made for more efficient use of the crews. The question is were the two catering sections adjacent to each other or the seating sections? Photographs I have tracked down so far from 1978/80/84 sow a confusing picture. Maybe there was a bit of randomness about it for expediancy.

Rob
 

Top