So we’re going to see the mighty York City at Hartlepool this Saturday, and while I’m there I wouldn’t mind ticking off the stations between Thornaby and Newcastle. Notably LNER also have Durham coast diverts that weekend. The ideal route would probably be York - Newcastle - Hartlepool - Thornaby - York. So a couple of questions:
Would any station (eg Sunderland) work with a return ticket for this route, with permitted routes via Newcastle and Durham Coast/Thornaby? I assume no splits would be allowed, with the LNER going nonstop York/Northallerton to Newcastle.
With LNER on Durham Coast Diverts, would a York-Northallerton return and a Tyne and Tees day ranger be permitted?
Would any station (eg Sunderland) work with a return ticket for this route, with permitted routes via Newcastle and Durham Coast/Thornaby? I assume no splits would be allowed, with the LNER going nonstop York/Northallerton to Newcastle.
With LNER on Durham Coast Diverts, would a York-Northallerton return and a Tyne and Tees day ranger be permitted?
