• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS 47s @ York 12/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Hello everyone,

I was travelling down from Edinburgh on the ECML yesterday (12/04/11). Passing through York at 1200 there were two DRS 47s with a varied rake of MK2 and MKI stock, painted in 'Northern Belle' colours, and a single car in 'InterCity Sleeper' colours. Any ideas what this was?

Had I not been shattered, I was going to jump off and get a picture, before jumping back on the next southbound EC, but couldn't be bothered. There were a few people around taking pictures though!

Thanks,
Trentside
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Ah, that would explain it. :oops:

I must admit, I wasn't familiar with the Northern Belle - so had no idea what it was, or what it was doing.

Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top