• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does euston underground gate line have less staff than other London termini stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VItraveller

On Moderation
Joined
1 Oct 2022
Messages
196
Location
West Midlands
I just like to know, because whenever I arrive there for assistance, and it’s usually around 11 am in the morning I have to wait a fair while before the single member of staff manning the gate line can get support from a colleague to take me down to the relevant platform.

Often this has made me quite late, but I don’t experience it at other terminus stations.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
It has less than some, as it is a smaller station than e.g King’s Cross, Victoria, Waterloo, but it has more than e.g Marylebone.

1100 will also likely be coinciding with staff meal breaks and some dead early turns finishing, reducing the available staff.

That said, it should be a turn up and go service, and an excessive wait should be escalated to customer services.
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,804
Location
UK
I've always found Euston Underground station to be somewhat understaffed. Difficult to find anyone who can update the Railcard discount to my Oyster card; I've been refused and told to go elsewhere a couple of times.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top