• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does anybody know what class this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Like Trains

New Member
Joined
3 May 2023
Messages
3
Location
United Kingdon
Hello new guy here!

Would anybody happen to know what class of train this is? I think it's fairly obvious from my username that I am a train fanatic, kind of a new obsession of mine. I understand that this may not be the correct kind of forum to post about classes etc, but I would really just like to know if anybody has any idea. She's a beauty, that much I know!

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post!

IMG_4726 (1).jpg
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gaelan

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2023
Messages
1,010
Location
Edinburgh
Well there’s an SBB logo on the front, so a Swiss train of some sort - looking at the photos on the SBB’s Wikipedia article, I suspect it’s an RABe 501.
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,126
Location
Redcar
Looks like a SBB RABe 501 of Swiss Railways.


The RABe 501, nicknamed Giruno, is a high-speed electric multiple unit train built by Stadler Rail of Switzerland for the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB). According to Stadler Rail, it is the world's first single-decker low-floor high-speed train.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top