If you offer it now then they may get a scent of desperation on your part and go to court anyway.
I was wary of this, but the truth is of course I'm desperate for things to be resolved, I'm not the kind of person who gets in trouble
If you offer it now then they may get a scent of desperation on your part and go to court anyway.
I was wary of this, but the truth is of course I'm desperate for things to be resolved, I'm not the kind of person who gets in troublewould you recommend that my boyfriend leaves the offer to settle until after they have read his explanation too? I am scared he will be treated more harshly as it was him who made the error buying the first ticket.
It might be a few weeks before you receive any correspondence asking you for any further information. If you would re-read my reply from yesterday, I hope you will see that there is no benefit in referring to your boyfriend's actions. Thjere is nothing to be gained and much to be lost.. . . . and I'm just wondering how much detail I should put in about my boyfriends actions? Should I simply say that he asked for the wrong ticket and I didn't realise, or go into detail about how the thought of the first station went completely out of his head? We are both getting letters so he has his own chance to explain. . . . .
I was wary of this, but the truth is of course I'm desperate for things to be resolved, I'm not the kind of person who gets in troublewould you recommend that my boyfriend leaves the offer to settle until after they have read his explanation too? I am scared he will be treated more harshly as it was him who made the error buying the first ticket.
If you really didn't know what he'd asked for, and innocently dropped yourself in it by agreeing to the 'same again?' bit, when you do finally settle (as is likely for a first offence) I trust you'll be getting him to pay on your behalf?
Playing devil's advocate for a moment, can I just ask did the inspector actually ask you 'Same gain?' when it came to your turn to buy a ticket, or did you say 'Same again please?'
If it wasn't immediately clear that you were travelling together it would be dangerous for the inspector to make such an assumption.
It is only your travel and your ticket that you will be asked about, and that is all that is relevant. If you made a mistake then just admit it and apologise.