clagmonster
Established Member
- Joined
- 8 Jun 2005
- Messages
- 2,442
Two ways:Is there anyway I could emerge from this situation WITHOUT a criminal record? I am guilty of not paying the penalty but had I received the earlier communication regarding this, it surely never would have been brought to court? to an extent, the severity of the situation has escalated for reasons beyond my control.
1) You reach an out of court settlement, though if offering such consider that the fare is owed, and the company's costs will be larger than at the original trial.
2) East Coast choose to prosecute under the railway byelaws rather than the regulation of railways act. It is entirely up to them which they choose to do. What was the original prosection?
Yes, although it will still be on (Virgin) East Coast's files, so don't do anything of the nature again.If I arrange an out of court settlement with East Coast, regardless of how much it costs, will I keep my clean record?