• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Desperate Leaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I don't get the opportunity to do 'leaps' for winning engines on service trains, but today I did one for the first time in several years. On holiday in the west country I found 66402 was on the Taunton to Cardiff set vice a 57 so managed a 'mileage move' (not) from Taunton to Bridgwater behind it - even got to Taunton loco hauled, courtesy of 67016. I'm aware at least 2 other forum members had the loco at some point, including one other staff member - was anyone else on board?

When I return home, I must look up when I last did a leap for a loco after receiving gen!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
Did one in Germany in April.

The excellent Drehscheibe website , sometimes has advance allocations posted and on this particular occasion had a very much required class 110 down for the Sundays only IC1854 from Leipzig - quite a rare working for one of these locos this day and age.

Trouble was, we had already decided to have a trip on a preserved line which would not be that easy to cover in the future and the latest possible train to get to the last stop of IC1854 departed Frankfurt just before we arrived back.

Anyway, we did the preserved line and headed back to Frankfurt in the hope that the connecting ICE might be a little late and it was :D

We legged it across the concourse and leapt on as the doors were closing, keeping everything crossed that the 110 had not been replaced during the day. Luckily it hadn't, and here is the proof .
 

Drimnagh Road

Member
Joined
13 Mar 2009
Messages
688
Location
Dublin
Over to do the South West hauled stuff tomorrow. Need to know has anyone tried the afternoon +0 from the 57s onto the 67s at or vice versa at Nailsea & Blackwell?

The 12:47 ex Paignton arrives into Nailsea & Blackwell at 15:03 as does the 14:00 ex Cardiff, I can just do the safe option and change at Temple Meads for the 67s, as need to get to Newport for the ATW 57/3 for a spin to Abergavenny, but just wondering is the Nailsea move a maker?
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
Over to do the South West hauled stuff tomorrow. Need to know has anyone tried the afternoon +0 from the 57s onto the 67s at or vice versa at Nailsea & Blackwell?

The 12:47 ex Paignton arrives into Nailsea & Blackwell at 15:03 as does the 14:00 ex Cardiff, I can just do the safe option and change at Temple Meads for the 67s, as need to get to Newport for the ATW 57/3 for a spin to Abergavenny, but just wondering is the Nailsea move a maker?

I have done the Yatton hop from the 67s onto the 57s, much more leisurely, and got some nice pictures ;).
 

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
Joined
2 Dec 2007
Messages
1,270
The local lot on the loco hauled only risk the plus when we know people on the other set. Don't risk it in other words.

66402 MAY be out tomorrow.
 

Chester025

Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
1,066
Over to do the South West hauled stuff tomorrow. Need to know has anyone tried the afternoon +0 from the 57s onto the 67s at or vice versa at Nailsea & Blackwell?

TRUST shows that it is actually a +3, or at least in was in February.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,191
Location
0035
I was on it Filton to Severn Tunnel Junction this afternoon after I had the gen and had a drive down to my local station; so definitely not a "desperate leap." I saw '43034 The Black Horse' there getting on as I was getting off!
 

37372

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
587
Location
Mexborough
Not so much a desperate leap at short notice as we had the gen a few hours in advance, but when myself and Jordy did a Heart of England rover earlier in the month, I received news around dinnertime that "a 67 and WSMR stock will work an 18:33 Marylebone-Brum Snow Hill working on a trial for Chiltern.

Cue some changes to the plan and we found it was possible to get to Solihull in time to catch it to Brum Moor St. Would have liked to have had it into Snow Hill but we had a tight-ish connection at BHM. It was a required 67 too!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top