• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay where ticket is not used in full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikeman78

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2018
Messages
6,187
If a company chooses to offer you more than you are entitled to, then accepting that is not fraud, assuming you did not provide the company with false information.
Some years ago I made a mistake on the underground. I tapped in with one card, and tapped out with a different one at my destination. Realising my mistake, I reached over and tapped out with the card I had used to tap in, so only one card had an incomplete journey. A day or two later I called the refund phone number and explained the situation. I explained very clearly that only one card had an incomplete journey but nevertheless I was asked for both lots of card details. I received a refund on both cards, so they ended up paying me to travel. To be blunt, I couldn't be bothered to call and explain it all again. It was only a few quid. If LU had got in touch and asked for their money back, I would happily have paid.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Verified Rep - Superalbs Travels
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
2,856
Location
Kraków
FirstGroup TOCs have been doing this for at least a year. I've had one big success come through, while others are still ongoing. No failures yet.
 

Class800

Established Member
Joined
5 Feb 2020
Messages
2,112
Location
West Country
I would reiterate to them that you broke your journey intermediately and resumed it at Bridgwater, meaning anything before then is irrelevant. I wouldn't even tell them about what you did before then, it has no bearing on your claim.
They insisted on full details of my day's journey otherwise wouldn't process claim. They have now finally approved the claim. It's only been given at 50% of the return cost, but it's still a good outcome. It's technically correct, if a bit pedant's corner

Intended was Bridgwater 19.46, reality was 21.44
As the connection was 10 minutes tighter at Exeter on the later train, it's been downgraded as 1hr 45. Not ideal given departed 2 hours late, a long time to be stood there, but it's technically correct (if harsh). I'll consider this one closed
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,770
Location
UK
They can insist on what they like but there is nothing in the NRCoT or their Passenger's Charter which states you must make the full journey (and enter the details of said full journey) to claim Delay Repay. To the contrary it states you are entitled to break your journey, and that you are entitled to claim Delay Repay based on your journey.

We would need to see more details (e.g. your planned Bridgwater to Exeter itinerarY) to ascertain whether they have underpaid you or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top