• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay & Return Tickets.

TonyR

Member
Joined
28 Mar 2013
Messages
245
Location
Preston
Because of the chaos at Euston today my Avanti journey was delayed by 4 hours which puts me in the full refund of a single or return ticket. But what counts as a return ticket? The tickets I buy (Standard Premium) are only available as two single tickets. So can I claim for both of those or just the delayed journey? And does the return have to be after the delayed journey or can it be before with the delayed journey being the return leg? I’m doing this journey all the time so have a number of tickets purchased in both directions. Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,818
Location
UK
Because of the chaos at Euston today my Avanti journey was delayed by 4 hours which puts me in the full refund of a single or return ticket. But what counts as a return ticket? The tickets I buy (Standard Premium) are only available as two single tickets. So can I claim for both of those or just the delayed journey? And does the return have to be after the delayed journey or can it be before with the delayed journey being the return leg? I’m doing this journey all the time so have a number of tickets purchased in both directions. Thanks.
If you have single tickets, you can only claim 100% of the value of the single ticket used on the affected journey leg (i.e. outward or return). This is one of the disadvantages of single leg pricing. Of course if both your outward and return journeys were today and were sufficiently delayed then you could claim 100% DR on both singles there and back.
 

Top