• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay on RailSail (Stena Belfast-Cairnryan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaelan

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2023
Messages
1,010
Location
Edinburgh
A friend of mine is traveling today from Belfast to Scotland on RailSail from Belfast to Cairnryan. The 11:30 sailing was delayed, ultimately boarding at ~13:50 and underway at ~14:30. As such, she'll be at least 2 hours late to her destination station. The Stena website doesn't give a reason for the Belfast to Cairnryan issues, but the delays/cancellations in the opposite direction are described as "technical issues", so I assume that's the case here as well.

Assuming for now the coach+rail part of the journey operates on time, I assume she'll be eligible for delay compensation from Stena, but not Delay Repay under ScotRail's (far more generous) terms?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2013
Messages
1,510
Location
Llandudno
I don't think Stena or Irish Ferries are involved in delay repay, so unless its a train that makes your friend late I think they will be out of luck sadly.
 

Gaelan

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2023
Messages
1,010
Location
Edinburgh
I don't think Stena or Irish Ferries are involved in delay repay, so unless its a train that makes your friend late I think they will be out of luck sadly.
Sorry, I should have said delay compensation, not Delay Repay per se - Stena does offer delay compensation in their terms and conditions, but the terms are rather less generous (for journeys of this length, 25% 1 hour, 50% 2 hour, a laundry list of reasons that aren't their fault).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top