• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Declining quality of free samples at major stations e.g. Leeds

Bevan Price

Established Member
Joined
22 Apr 2010
Messages
8,344
Last free sample I was offered a couple of years ago in a shop (not at a station) was a copy of The Sun "news"paper - which I refused...........
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skiddaw

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2020
Messages
478
Location
Penrith
I've never been offered a free sample of anything when travelling by train. Not even alcohol-free beer. I'm feeling a bit gutted now. :'(
 

endecotp

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2014
Messages
352
I remember when Mars ice creams were new they were being given out at Waterloo. A large group of french kids were given one each, and somehow didn't appreciate that they were ice creams, rather than cold regular mars bars - so put them in their bags to eat later.
 

Top