• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CSA - Child Support Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2009
Messages
9,267
My girlfriend doesn't want kids so they do exist. She is 43 so is unlikely to change her mind. If I was younger and single I would consider a vasectomy.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
455Driver according to the info you put above the CSA claim you would now only have to pay £29 a week. https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance

that is the new way of assessing people where they take a percentage of your take gross pay (a fairer way), I was on the old 1993 system where they decided how much I needed to live on and took most of what was left.
 
Last edited:

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
I remember when the CSA first appeared on the scene there was a high profile case of a Royal Navy captain down Plymouth way (I think) who committed suicide because of the way he was being hounded by them. All they said was they were following orders (or something like that), sound familiar? ;)

Fathers for justice are the extreme case of men being prevented from seeing their own kids and I know exactly where they are coming from!
 

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
If the person being persued is on less than £100 p/w then a flat rate of £7 a week on the new system
 

Temple Meads

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2010
Messages
2,283
Location
Devon
Who told you your Father wanted nothing to do with you?
I spent 18 months and £4000 taking my ex to Court so I could see my children, over that 18 months (when she wouldnt allow me to see them at all) she filled their heads with all the "your father hates you", "your Father doesnt want to see you" etc lies which took a lot of sorting out on my part.

If you take what you are told by your Mother (and her side of the Family) as gospel then that is your prerogative but unless your Father told you himself that he didnt want to see you, well you work it out!

I can certainly see where you're coming from there, however I have made a point of at least trying to build up some kind of a relationship with him and he just doesn't seem interested.

Also I'm pleased to say my mother hasn't tried to stop me attempting to salvage something, although I'd take any one-sided stories with a pinch of salt, as your story shows how much people will attempt to skew their children's viewpoint in this situation :(

Perhaps the whole CSA thing hasn't helped on that front..

Does he own a home/property? The CSA will get a charging order against a property on the land registry if pushed hard enough.

He owns a property, but it's a joint mortgage, IIRC this was a stumbling block.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top