• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Court Summons next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
I think this thread has run its course.

OP, I have nothing to add apart from what I said in my last post, get in touch with CrossCountry Prosecutions team over the phone if you have not yet done so (not Customer Service), and preferably through a solicitor.

If you are planning on pleading not guilty, definitely consult and then use a solicitor, who can also arrange for last-minute settlements to be negotiated with the prosecution on the date of the hearing. Representing yourself is likely to end up in a total disaster for you.

I think that sums up all of it. I don't think there is much else forum members can help you with. There is a lot of irrelevant information in this thread, so you really need to focus on the core issues, which is that your actions typify that of a fare-dodger, and CrossCountry have refused so far to believe your story that you intended originally to travel to Sheffield. I cannot see any procedural irregularity from their part that would undermine the case from what you have said so far, and don't think I will.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top