OK ill leave this black front love in alone. Personally I think it bizarre, and next time I get dazzled by a Crossrail 345 I will be reporting to the relevant authorities through CIRAS. This nonsense needs to stop.
The problem is you're trying to argue that it's bizarre because of various technicalities that don't stand up to scrutiny, when what you're actually objecting to is the aesthetics of the black front.
A black front is no more susceptible to glare than any other paint colour - if you want to get rid of reflective surfaces on the front of trains, get rid of the windows. The current standards for lights on the front of trains are visible from further and more effectively, both day and night, than the yellow paintwork.
If you were arguing for matt surfaces and reduction of reflective areas on the front of trains, or for the reduction in brightness / better angling of lights, to reduce the dazzle effect on on-coming drivers, then you've got some good arguments worth discussing. But that's not the route you've taken - instead you've advanced the idea that elderly people will be confused at night by lights coming towards them on a railway line and not know whether or not it's a train. I'm sorry, but that's the sort of nonsense that needs stopping.