• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Could another Greatest Gathering event be on the way?

TFT YouTube

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2025
Messages
194
Location
Salisbury
While scouring the Internet for various facts about the railway, I had spotted something which was quick to catch my attention. A facebook page on Google search listings titled "The Greatest Gathering | Crewe"
Screenshot_20261006_140912_Google.jpg

While some would argue it's just a glitch, it is not. By simply typing "The Greatest Gathering facebook" into google, me and others had found the same result.

Additionally, the facebook page address had changed. Formerly being at Litchurch Lane it has now moved to the address of Crewe Station.
Screenshot_20261006_141022_Chrome.jpg

So, could we be in for another Greatest Gathering style event?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A S Leib

Established Member
Joined
9 Sep 2018
Messages
3,397
If there is another one, I'd doubt it would be on the same scale. I'd also be surprised if there's another before the Liverpool and Manchester Railway's bicentenary, especially given the location.
 

Adam Williams

Established Member
Joined
2 Jan 2018
Messages
3,614
Location
Warks
Isn't that address just the administrative location for the Railway Benefit Fund? Do they run the Facebook page?

I think perhaps two and two have been put together to get 5.
 

6Gman

Established Member
Joined
1 May 2012
Messages
9,228
Isn't that address just the administrative location for the Railway Benefit Fund? Do they run the Facebook page?
Yes, I think it's just an admin "tidy-up". They closed their merchandise site last week so I think it's pretty much shut up shop.
 

Top