bennorthyork
Member
- Joined
- 31 Oct 2008
- Messages
- 384
Imagine the not improbable scenario that someone such as me that enjoys walks between stations catches the sleeper to Rannoch and walks to Corrour planning to catch the train on from there later in the day. Then due to adverse weather all trains are cancelled. There may be an autophone on Corrour station in which case it would be possible to contact Scotrail to confirm trains cancelled. There is no mobile reception there apart from a little Vodafone reception and the youth hostel is shut for most of the Winter albeit open for the month of December. So stranded at a station 12 miles across the hills to a house or road. What if any is the train company's responsibility to help get you out of there? Incidentally when I have done this walk in Winter I have the necessary survival kit to spend a night out in the open. Second question is what other stations are inaccesible by road which I am defining as more than a quarter of a mile from somewhere that you can legally drive your car to?
