• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Commuting from Godalming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agy85

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2020
Messages
5
Location
London
Hi, we are looking to move to Godalming with our family. The train to Waterloo seems like a long journey of 50min but does anyone know if it's difficult to find a seat around 7-7.30am?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
Southwestern have a handy tool based on historical data. This says you should easily find seats at the time

(in normal times, whatever "normal" means)
 

pompeyfan

Established Member
Joined
24 Jan 2012
Messages
4,445
Southwestern have a handy tool based on historical data. This says you should easily find seats at the time

(in normal times, whatever "normal" means)

I wouldn’t say that tool is entirely accurate, considering many morning peak service trains are standing room only from Haslemere only. I wonder how they’ve compiled that data?
 

Agy85

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2020
Messages
5
Location
London
Southwestern have a handy tool based on historical data. This says you should easily find seats at the time

(in normal times, whatever "normal" means)
Thanks! Maybe it's worth watching the tool when more travel resumes. I wonder if the current situation is skewing the stats.
 
Joined
11 Dec 2018
Messages
54
Long time member - first time poster but think I can maybe help here. I live in Godalming and up until the end of last year I used to commute daily into London. However I did it slightly earlier at 6.45-7am. The one at 6:43 always had seats available whereas the next one which was at 6:58 was a bit more hit and miss as due to being a fast service it was a bit more popular with those coming from further away. I can't really speak for after 7am but with trains at 7:18, 7:27, 7:35, 7:44 & 7:53 IIRC there's no shortage of options. Travelling home in the evening is easy with 4 trains per hour from Waterloo evenly spaced with one every 15 minutes!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top