• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Comedian Sean Lock dies aged 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
I wasn't greatly aware of Sean Lock's work before his premature death, partly through not having a TV for many years, but I'm catching up quickly thanks to Youtube and I'm regretting having missed out on his exceptional wit and talent while he was alive. A ''comedians' comedian'' if ever there was one, impossible to categorise, in a way a Tommy Cooper of our times: it's struck me on his Channel 4 shows how much he was appreciated by other panel guests, with noticeable exceptions. I don't think it's a coincidence that the few who chose not to ''get'' him are, imo, considerably over-rated themselves.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2019
Messages
4,427
Location
Cheshire
I wasn't greatly aware of Sean Lock's work before his premature death, partly through not having a TV for many years, but I'm catching up quickly thanks to Youtube and I'm regretting having missed out on his exceptional wit and talent while he was alive. A ''comedians' comedian'' if ever there was one, impossible to categorise, in a way a Tommy Cooper of our times: it's struck me on his Channel 4 shows how much he was appreciated by other panel guests, with noticeable exceptions. I don't think it's a coincidence that the few who chose not to ''get'' him are, imo, considerably over-rated themselves.

I noticed the same. Reginald D Hunter for one.
 

alex397

Established Member
Joined
6 Oct 2017
Messages
2,036
Location
UK
From today, Sean Lock’s sitcom 15 Storeys High will be available on BBC iPlayer.

I must say I’ve been binge-watching YouTube clips of Sean the past few days. There’s just so many hilarious things he did.
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,513
Location
Taunton or Kent
From today, Sean Lock’s sitcom 15 Storeys High will be available on BBC iPlayer.

I must say I’ve been binge-watching YouTube clips of Sean the past few days. There’s just so many hilarious things he did.
Yes there all there now, with 11 month availability (probably a year minus a day):

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top