• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas special 2023 on Real Time Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

On Moderation
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
13,453
There may be a lot of passengers at various stations needing this train to get home if the weather forecasts are correct. Is ticket acceptance in place?
I doubt. They will just tell passengers to do their own thing.
 

Trainguy34

Established Member
Joined
29 Apr 2023
Messages
1,231
Location
Kent
Just looked and it has an allocation on RTT - Picture below
Picture shows a Christmas Special formed of Rudolph the Red Nosed Powercar hauling a wagon with the Sleigh on top, 3 wagons of presents aswell a tender of coal and a large 70,000 Litre tanker of Mulled Wine. Also confusingly having an IET powercar on the rear.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20231224_173717_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231224_173717_com.android.chrome.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 138

david1212

Established Member
Joined
9 Apr 2020
Messages
1,755
Location
Midlands
Stranraer [STR] > Barrow-in-Furness [BIF] > Roose [ROO] > Salwick [SLW] is interesting routing.

Can anyone see a longer non-stop distance than Barrow-in-Furness [BIF] > Roose [ROO] ( excluding North Pole International [XNP] > Gillingham (Dorset) [GIL] & Weymouth [WEY] > North Pole International [XNP] )?
 
Last edited:

WAB

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2015
Messages
1,300
Location
Anglia
Currently at platform 2, Wokingham... very disappointing to see needless re-platforming during a quiet period on the railway <(. ARS strikes again...?
 

Trainfan2019

Member
Joined
9 Aug 2019
Messages
530
Love the train allocation graphics this year. I look forward to seeing this train and route details each year. Been keeping an eye on real time trains the past week waiting for this to appear!

Currently showing as being at platform - North Pole. I've only just noticed at all the stations (I think) it only serves platform 1.
 

duffield

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2013
Messages
3,295
Location
East Midlands
I wonder how long that journey would take my mere humans?
Google's Bard AI says visiting these stations on real trains would result in "Total travel time: Approximately 66-72 hours, equivalent to 2.75-3 days non-stop.". Its stated assumptions seem to involve trains being available as required rather than as per timetable (something like a special charter travelling 120mph, regardless of linespeed, non-stop on greens). Obviously that's nothing like what I meant. I emphasized it should use the ordinary timetable and it said seven days. Still sounds nothing like correct.

The Chat GPT AI said it was impossible to estimate how long the journey would take on real trains with any accuracy. I asked it to guess and it started talking about how many people were born every day!
 
Last edited:

357

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2018
Messages
2,284
The Christmas special is showing on various departure screens that use the RTT API:

 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2023-12-24-21-25-31-92_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-24-21-25-31-92_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 149

Trainfan2019

Member
Joined
9 Aug 2019
Messages
530
The Christmas special is showing on various departure screens that use the RTT API:


Thanks for the link above. Looks great as a departure board view with horizontal scrolling destination places, until it speeds up!
 

Class15

Established Member
Joined
30 Dec 2021
Messages
4,166
Location
North London or Mildmay line
Anyone know what's on the 1X01 North Pole International to North Pole International tonight? Couldn't see, it was passing me too quickly :lol:
This was in the TOPS requests thread.

I believe the train is being worked by Rudolph with the following locos DIT:

66587, 68006, 90021, 92029, 91111, 67024, 69005, 47830.

Merry Christmas everyone!
 

Trainguy34

Established Member
Joined
29 Apr 2023
Messages
1,231
Location
Kent
This was in the TOPS requests thread.

I believe the train is being worked by Rudolph with the following locos DIT:

66587, 68006, 90021, 92029, 91111, 67024, 69005, 47830.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Why those locos?
 

infobleep

On Moderation
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
13,453
Google's Bard AI says visiting these stations on real trains would result in "Total travel time: Approximately 66-72 hours, equivalent to 2.75-3 days non-stop.". Its stated assumptions seem to involve trains being available as required rather than as per timetable (something like a special charter travelling 120mph, regardless of linespeed, non-stop on greens). Obviously that's nothing like what I meant. I emphasized it should use the ordinary timetable and it said seven days. Still sounds nothing like correct.

The Chat GPT AI said it was impossible to estimate how long the journey would take on real trains with any accuracy. I asked it to guess and it started talking about how many people were born every day!
That is very funny.
 

Western 52

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2020
Messages
1,672
Location
Burry Port
Love the train allocation graphics this year. I look forward to seeing this train and route details each year. Been keeping an eye on real time trains the past week waiting for this to appear!

Currently showing as being at platform - North Pole. I've only just noticed at all the stations (I think) it only serves platform 1.
Some of the stations don't actually have a platform 1, for example Shrewsbury.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top