• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas Card and general postal deliveries...a query raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,488
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Another one I had was when I posted a letter to the states sone years back, took around a year and a half for it to come back through my letter box as undeliverable (forget the reason).

Also had a letter turn up addressed to elsewhere in the country, looked it up then wrote “please re deliver to (correct address), put it back in a pillar box, came back through my letter box two days later, underlined what I’d written, sent it off again, it came back again, third time of asking I managed to get rid of it.

Plus I ordered an online item which was faulty, so I wrote “return to sender”, sent it off, that also came back to me twice before my regular postie came back from holiday, found it in his round ready to deliver to me again, recognised my writing and realised what was happening before turning it around and sending it back.
Reminds me of the song that Elvis Presley sang many years ago.
 

londonbridge

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Messages
1,896
And the birthday card to Kentucky finally arrived last Thursday apparently so took three weeks, being posted ten days before the event and arriving eleven late.
 

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,902
Plus I ordered an online item which was faulty, so I wrote “return to sender”, sent it off, that also came back to me twice before my regular postie came back from holiday, found it in his round ready to deliver to me again, recognised my writing and realised what was happening before turning it around and sending it back.
I'm not sure that's the intended purpose of 'return to sender'....
 

londonbridge

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Messages
1,896
I’d phoned the company and arranged authorisation to return it so I just scribbled across the label that had my address and wrote “return to sender” on it.
 

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,902
I’d phoned the company and arranged authorisation to return it so I just scribbled across the label that had my address and wrote “return to sender” on it.
Yes, but Royal Mail have delivered the item as contracted. I don't quite understand why you think you should be able to return it at Royal Mail's cost because it was faulty?

The seller should provide you with a paid label, a freepost address or refund your postage fees. You shouldn't just write 'return to sender' and stick it back in the post.
 

londonbridge

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Messages
1,896
There wasn’t a return label provided. I forget the exact details of why I ended up doing it that way although your point is acknowledged.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top