dumbassbrokie
New Member
Greetings all, I am an above 16yo and I got caught not paying for a full fare for my journey which started on a TfL station and ended on a chiltern railway station. As the ticket prices are insane for "adults" and I have to take a train to get to school which is very far away, I took the admitedly rather stupid decision to take pay only for part of the journey as I can get onto chiltern railways wihtout a ticket.
I bought the tickets online via trainpal. The account isnt registered in my own or anyone elses name (random silly name) but the email is one that I own but it also is not in my name. But this was the email I gave to the ticket officer. This was a few months ago and I just got a letter sometime this week (intentionally vague). I obviously do not want to have a criminal record as that will cause me great issues with university and future jobs and so I need some help in formatting a letter in response to chiltern to settle this out of court. I am able to scrounge together from family in order to pay any fines but I am freaking out rn. When talking to the officer I did admit that I had been doing this for quite some time (cant remember how long i said) but he did have brokenish english so i may have been mistaken in what his question was tbh.
Any help is greatly appreciated and although I am sorry I had to do something this and havent done it since, but I am still worried.
I bought the tickets online via trainpal. The account isnt registered in my own or anyone elses name (random silly name) but the email is one that I own but it also is not in my name. But this was the email I gave to the ticket officer. This was a few months ago and I just got a letter sometime this week (intentionally vague). I obviously do not want to have a criminal record as that will cause me great issues with university and future jobs and so I need some help in formatting a letter in response to chiltern to settle this out of court. I am able to scrounge together from family in order to pay any fines but I am freaking out rn. When talking to the officer I did admit that I had been doing this for quite some time (cant remember how long i said) but he did have brokenish english so i may have been mistaken in what his question was tbh.
Any help is greatly appreciated and although I am sorry I had to do something this and havent done it since, but I am still worried.