What was she laughing at?![]()
It's tempting, but I'm not sure what I'd say haha. Emotional traumatisation?![]()
Yes I was sitting next to you, it was quite funny because she obviously found it funny for some reason and she couldn't hide her laughing![]()
Morning all
I just want to apologise for my not being able to make it for this - I'd got a phone call on the morning of this that meant that I was needed elsewhere.
(where there was an interesting moment with the guard!)
Sitting with Paul I seem to have missed this - what did he say?
She's clearly jealous of the ticket gallery, probably wants to get involved herself.No offence, but I think it was the possibility of a ticket gallery actually existing! Or somebody's chagrin at Sainsbury's unethical Meal Deals, I don't know...
My most grateful and sincere thanks are extended to the forum staff and members present on this meet, noting my possible difficulties in my period of recovery, who made it such a most enjoyable experience for me.
It even afforded me the opportunity, early on in the meet, for me to sing that good old song "Wish me luck, as you wave me goodbye" at Liverpool South Parkway railway station whilst one of London Midland's finest pulled away..
Paul! Noooo! We all felt so guilty... but I didn't want to bring this up again!
SORRY![]()
ad:
Paul! Noooo! We all felt so guilty... but I didn't want to bring this up again!
SORRY![]()
ad:
Being ever the eternal optimist, my next musical rendition from the days of wartime would have been the Vera Lynn classic..."We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when"
I had the company of oddiesjack and his stalwart support to sustain me in my hour of need....well, at least until the next London Midland train arrived, to ensure that we were all one happy band again...![]()
That would be a sight to see. The confused look on FCC punters faces more used to a smiley face 365 turning up... Sounds like you all had a great day out... I had to suffer the indignity of a 142 both ways from Manc City Centre - Airport recently. Still it was a non-stopper so didn't last long.Knebworth.... will I have to ask yorkie if this is a permitted routing between Manchester and Chester, especially when one holds a Cheshire Day Ranger..hock:
Of course, you really meant to say Knutsford....![]()
And so you should :P
"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when" - I guess that the unfortunate thing was that turned out to be Crewe railway station for most of the group...that said, that was a bit close run too!![]()
where many of us enjoyed a second breakfast
I wonder if that Sainsbugs actually exists??

I can indeed confirm the existence of a Sainsburys in Crewe - which used to be a KwikSave. I had my suspicions about that being it when we were there, but since its basically down a back street I didn't press them. I haven't been in it since it actually was a KiwkSave! The tag on the satellite images is also not quite in the right place...
There's also an absolutely massive Tesco right near where the APT is parked - and an Aldi and M & S food on the retail park you can see as you approach the station from the North on the Manchester branch... not that there would have been time to walk there, but I would have chosen the ALDI![]()
Sainsbury's - left out of the station, across two sets if traffic lights then turn right at the third set (Eddleston Road) complete with old fashioned roadsign for the Town Centre. Believe it or not, that "backstreet" is the main bus route in and out of the town centre. Strikes me as an odd Sainsbury's every time I drive past, the Kwik Save thing explains why! If you turn right out of the station, there's also a Tesco Express, literally around the corner, next to/behind the hotel.
Indeed, many intrepid railway enthusiasts over the years have noted the rather large amount of walking time in-between the bus station and the railway station in Crewe....![]()
Indeed, many intrepid railway enthusiasts over the years have noted the rather large amount of walking time in-between the bus station and the railway station in Crewe....![]()
Going back to the day, just remembered the poster on the Northern Rail 150 on the Mid Cheshire Line service which had a dig at The TrainLine.![]()