• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central Line closure from 1700 21/07/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,190
Location
0035
I've generally noticed a pretty wonky/uneven service on the central line recently. Often 5-10 minute gaps at Stratford; which at busier times leads to very very busy trains. Is this related to staffing issues? I rarely noticed this a cpl years ago.
That will be because of the odd train having been cancelled which could be for a variety of reasons including non-availability of train operator or defective train, rather than the nature of this thread which is non-availability of service control staff.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bramling

Veteran Member
Joined
5 Mar 2012
Messages
20,402
Location
Hertfordshire / Teesdale
I noticed the Central Line was showing severe delays today due to shortage of control room staff, nobody wanting to work the weekend?

I believe they were running a special yesterday. I made a brief journey yesterday evening and through town it seemed to be only Ealing-Hainault services, which weren’t evenly spaced at all - it was something like 4 mins, 8 mins and 20 mins when I turned up. For my return journey I decided to use a different route.

I wonder if TFL has now ditched any attempt at pretending to be “world class”?!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top