• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper Highlander – can I get off at Edinburgh?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,350
Location
Bolton
If I tried to work (my non-safety critical role, such as this one) after a couple of broken hours of sleep in a seat on a train, my boss would think I had gone utterly do-lally and send me home. Then they'd ask me not to consider anything involving coming to work in future on next to no sleep!
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,482
Location
London
If I tried to work (my non-safety critical role, such as this one) after a couple of broken hours of sleep in a seat on a train, my boss would think I had gone utterly do-lally and send me home. Then they'd ask me not to consider anything involving coming to work in future on next to no sleep!
Again I find myself asking what possessed ARTS to allocate an early morning shift in Edinburgh to someone who's based in the Home Counties in the first place.

And then to double down on that by apparently misusing the Passenger Assist system to work round the Lowlander being full by booking the wheelchair and companion spaces on the Highlander with no onward travel towards Fort William.
 

Top