• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying RAM and SSD for a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,195
Not usurped, but moved to the secondary storage role. I'd trust a mechanical hard drive to still be readable after a few years sitting idle, I don't have the same level of confidence about SSDs.

As far as I’m concerned, backing up to two different media types is a sensible strategy in any case (3-2-1 rule).
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top