Last night at about 8pm I bought three return anytime tickets for use today at a London terminal (Charing Cross). I clearly stated that these tickets were for use early this morning today - on services that do not run from that terminal.
One of these tickets, bought for a foreign colleague, was from another London terminal (Kings Cross) to Huntingdon. The other two were for me from boundary zone 2 (I have an annual Zone 1 & 2 travelcard) to Stevenage and the other from Stevenage to Huntingdon - you can see I am applying lessons learnt on here as splitting saved £1.50.
However, late last night I realised that one of my tickets had been issued with yesterdays date on it. At Kings Cross this morning I was told that the situation could only be sorted at Charing Cross. At Charing Cross the same booking office worker who had served me advised me that the only course available was to refund the ticket issued in error and buy a new ticket for today. In fact she implied that it was my fault that I had not seen her error!
Questions:
a Was she correct about the refund and repurchase?
b How likely is it that there will be an attempt made to charge an admin fee against the ticket refund?
c How likely is a complaint against any such charge likely to be?
Additional info:
I have receipts for both transactions – the misissued ticket was the second of the three she produced last night.
There would have been no sense in buying an Anytime ticket for use yesterday as when I made the purchase was well into off-peak.
The original error was not mine.
Thanks in advance.
One of these tickets, bought for a foreign colleague, was from another London terminal (Kings Cross) to Huntingdon. The other two were for me from boundary zone 2 (I have an annual Zone 1 & 2 travelcard) to Stevenage and the other from Stevenage to Huntingdon - you can see I am applying lessons learnt on here as splitting saved £1.50.
However, late last night I realised that one of my tickets had been issued with yesterdays date on it. At Kings Cross this morning I was told that the situation could only be sorted at Charing Cross. At Charing Cross the same booking office worker who had served me advised me that the only course available was to refund the ticket issued in error and buy a new ticket for today. In fact she implied that it was my fault that I had not seen her error!
Questions:
a Was she correct about the refund and repurchase?
b How likely is it that there will be an attempt made to charge an admin fee against the ticket refund?
c How likely is a complaint against any such charge likely to be?
Additional info:
I have receipts for both transactions – the misissued ticket was the second of the three she produced last night.
There would have been no sense in buying an Anytime ticket for use yesterday as when I made the purchase was well into off-peak.
The original error was not mine.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited: