• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bluebell Railway Diesel Gala 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,663
Location
Hampshire
Unlike a 50 to fail... <D

<D:lol:<D:lol:

I'm sure you appreciate the efforts of those involved in trying to fix the fault into the early hours this morning.

Joking aside, I read over on Facebook just how committed the 50 lot were to trying to make 50035 work and fair play to them, they must understandably be disappointed. A lot of swapping bits and pieces to and from the other 50s in Kidderminster in an attempt to fix the fault but to no avail, well into the night.

Also must be pretty disappointing for the Bluebell organisers as well, What started out with the best intention of a Western Region themed gala has unfortunately suffered set back after set back. I hope it doesn't put them off trying again next year!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,949
Location
Fenny Stratford
I had a nice trip to the bluebell yesterday spying (I think) a couple of forum members. Whilst the loco roster wasn't that exotic (perhaps reducing numbers) the 50 performed well, the 20's were spotless and the ed's were noisy - the little 09 also put on a turn! A decent day out

P's do normal 73's always makes such noise? It sounded like the radiator fans were going like mad!

P's the deltic gala in October looks like fun!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top