Precisely! That one has probably done more tours than all the others combined!It could have been 68004 for the 68![]()
Precisely! That one has probably done more tours than all the others combined!It could have been 68004 for the 68![]()
Although 37419+37425 would be good for photographers!Apart from the 66, they were the best choice of locos! They could've had 68010, 37419 + 37425, & 57306 for example, which I could imagine would probably not provide many winners for most people!
And service work - I scored that in Anglia! But I see what you mean about it doing tours though - it was initially allocated to do the final leg from Crewe on the Class 20 farewell last year but 68009 worked it instead.Precisely! That one has probably done more tours than all the others combined!
Very true! That is a combo I would like to see. Yes it was a common one on the Anglia short set, and I've also seen it on the Fife circle diagram!Although 37419+37425 would be good for photographers!
And service work - I scored that in Anglia! But I see what you mean about it doing tours though - it was initially allocated to do the final leg from Crewe on the Class 20 farewell last year but 68009 worked it instead.
None of the 68s have been that rare (by modern standards, at least) since introduction, as they had booked work with Chiltern, TPE, ScotRail and Greater Anglia. Granted it's just Chiltern and TPE now, but it was clear many years ago that LHCS workings were going to be seriously reduced - just needed some planning to go and get 68001-007/016-018 before such workings finished.Precisely! That one has probably done more tours than all the others combined!
I don't disagree, but I would still prefer a non Chiltern or TPE one on a tour.None of the 68s have been that rare (by modern standards, at least) since introduction, as they had booked work with Chiltern, TPE, ScotRail and Greater Anglia. Granted it's just Chiltern and TPE now, but it was clear many years ago that LHCS workings were going to be seriously reduced - just needed some planning to go and get 68001-007/016-018 before such workings finished.
I may have been in the queue when the car park machine was being utilisedAn enjoyable tour which did everything it set out to, but to me (and a good number of others on board), let down by the 'sticky digits' of the locos, which, while not important to some, is to a large proportion of participants, and it failed to produce any new locos for me - and many others, and not just those of us who have been doing tours/galas for 30+ years.
It also provided a good opportunity to catch up with a load of friends who I haven't seen for a long time, due to the pandemic. I'll probably see some of them next weekend as well though!
I think a forum member off here may have been in the queue to be allocated a table in the Beafeater at Crewe during the break., but I wasn't 100% sure. None of us were putting dubious registration marks into the car park registration logging machine.![]()
My suspicions were correct then it seems!I may have been in the queue when the car park machine was being utilised![]()