• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Big trip to the Netherlands - advice appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bemined

Member
Joined
28 May 2022
Messages
213
Location
Rotterdam, Netherlands
That's correct. It's non-stop between Amsterdam and Deventer.
To be precise, it's without commercial stops, there are non-commercial stops in order to make it all fit in the timetable but those are either at minor stations like Dronten and Olst or at tracks without a platform like Zwolle track 11.

The European Sleeper will be taking this route as well btw, which is also loco-hauled.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

J-2739

Established Member
Joined
30 Jul 2016
Messages
2,238
Location
London
Hey, so a bit of an off question whilst I spend time thinking of some better ones (!)

I will be taking off from Manchester Airport, and whilst waiting for my flight post-security, would really enjoy watch some planes taking off and landing. Are there any spots within the airport building that one would recommend for best views? My flight departs from T1, but I don't mind an excuse to wander. Thanks! :D

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

And some additional ones as the day draws closer...

So I have the Interrail 8-day Benelux pass which I am starting from the 16th. This is the first time I am 'Interrailing', so forgive me. But I know one has to create tickets to display to the ticket inspector when necessary. Do these tie you down to a specific train? I know railways in the Netherlands operate on a 'turn up and go' basis, so would be very interesting to see that is not the case here! What if I passed through the barriers, but spontaneously decided I wanted to dwell on the platforms for a bit to trainspot, therefore missing the train specified on my ticket?

Second question. As I have the Benelux pass, I have decided to spend a bit more time travelling in Belgium on what was supposed to be Friday, but I've postponed to Saturday, giving me a chance to ride a Eurostar from Brussels to Amsterdam. Having bought a seat reservation, it says I am to be seated in coach 36??? Does this imply a doubled up set?

Thanks! :smile:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top