• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bathgate Loco Hauled Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Correction:

It seems they are running loco hauled Bathgate services on Friday 12th November.

Anyone know why?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

d1015fan

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2010
Messages
233
Location
Newton Abbot
doing the bathgate branch on 6th November as part of Lowland Growler II tour. with the Poppy Branch mini-tour a bargin trip for some mammoth haulage. and hopefullly get 57601 in as requested traction.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
First available slots for passenger services before timetabled services commence in December

Ah, I see thanks guys :)

Still, some charters then as they are only running between Edinburgh and Bathgate together with the usual stock which I think os 158s and 170s, this is what made me wonder....
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Im going on the ukrailtour that visits the line on 13 November. Think someone said the loco hauled trains are for training purposes.
http://www.ukrailtours.com/tourshow...01113_THE_COATBRIDGE_AND_BATHGATE_PHOENIX.txt

What made me think where the headcodes ie 2ZXX for the loco hauled as charters normally run with 1ZXX headcodes, if anyone is interested in the timings I'm sure I can get the times from Bathgate and Edinburgh for anyone interested in the services although I strongly suspect it may be the set used Monday to Friday on the Fife Circle.
 

rail-britain

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2007
Messages
4,102
These railtours are being operated as separate trains

So for example :
London - Edinburgh headcode 1
Edinburgh - Airdrie headcode 2
Airdrie - Edinburgh headcode 2
Edinburgh - London headcode 1

From memory one of them is using the route :
Edinburgh - Bathgate - Airdrie - Paisley Canal

They are certainly not for driver training purposes
EWS (DBS) already have this for the route
 

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
Any special services for those of us that live along the line, or are we going to have to wait until the timetabled services kick in? I don't fancy going to York to go on a railtour that passes within half a mile of my house!
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Any special services for those of us that live along the line, or are we going to have to wait until the timetabled services kick in? I don't fancy going to York to go on a railtour that passes within half a mile of my house!

Spitfire are doing a mini-tour from Edinburgh (The Poppy) on November 6th.
 

rail-britain

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2007
Messages
4,102
Any special services for those of us that live along the line, or are we going to have to wait until the timetabled services kick in?
As above, there is the Edinburgh - Airdrie - Edinburgh
However I understand this is now fully booked

As I have mentioned before there will be a Sunday service before the timetabled service commences on the Monday
It has also been suggested a "free" shuttle service will also operate on the Saturday, between Airdrie and Bathgate
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top