iantherev
Member
With the exception of the 153 on the Cardiff Bay shuttle, everything that comes through Cardiff Queen Street will also pass through Central.
Looking at Doncaster, Reading, Colton Junction or Barnetby for my next jaunt. Any tips would be greatly appreciated folks.
Barnetby would be the best (by far), especially if you can get there before December when the semaphore signals are taken down.
I still have a few days holiday left and I was thinking of doing a 3 in 7 day East Midlands rover. Apart from Doncaster, Peterborough and Barnetby,is there anywhere else in the region good for spotting?. I'm after loco's more than units
Toton last week was my trip out.
Today walking the dog at Ansty 86259 came by around 12-55 light loco with a Cambrian Express headboard.
can't decide on Nuneaton, Leicester, Reading or Bedford. Decisions decisions
Enjoy that!
Not sure what Norwich/Ipswich are like for units, but there are two main Cardiff stations so you'd get a reasonable range there (HSTs, FGW Sprinters, ATW Sprinters/Pacers, Class 175s, XC 170s). Check for Rugby World Cup matches though![]()
There was a few. I'm not sure how many there were supposed to be but they weren't exactly queuing behind each other
If I saw one Betty then I would be happy!
Get a train from Westbury to Frome and back on a weekday; most days there will be at least four of the Colas ones lined up in Westbury yard. Plus they'll be in a photographable position as you go past.
47403
I saw 70807,70020,70019 while at Nuneaton yesterday.
Hi
Has anyone done Reading West lately.? If so is it any good for freight?. Does anyone know if you can park up somewhere so you can see what's on the main GWR line and see what goes off to Reading West?