• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti Preston / Manchester Depots

ambisphere

New Member
Joined
4 Oct 2026
Messages
1
Location
Preston
Hi

Qualified driver here. Looking for some insight into Ts & Cs at Preston and / or Manchester depots.

i) What's the route learning and traction conversion courses like for other qualified drivers?
ii) What are the rosters like?
iii) Any chance of permanent swaps for early starts or late starts? (I don't like late finishes very much!)
iv) (Bit more speculative) I've heard Preston especially is quite a hard depot to get into, is that the case? And for Manchester?
v) What's a day look like, trip to London and back only or a bit more involved (any schedule cards that someone could share?)?
vi) Link structures?

I've heard it may be a little up in the air right now given the nationalisation announcement!
 
Last edited:

Top