• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti First Class weekend meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespa

Established Member
Joined
20 Dec 2019
Messages
1,733
Location
Merseyside
Just booked First Class on a Sunday to London.
Usually I book weekdays to benefit from Virgin First class meals and wines along with the lounge experience not usually costing more than £78 advance with disabled railcard, on rare occasions where I do weekends I get a sandwich box and a coffee.

Since weekday First Class is now (trainsplit) £99 I can't really justify that price and opted for Sunday to Sunday costing me (trainsplit) £51 what do you get now for meals on trains ?

Only thing makes it worthwhile so far is first class lounge, single seat with individual table....I may have to bring my own wine and packed lunch if there is nothing on offer.....

Has anyone done weekend first ?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Vespa

Established Member
Joined
20 Dec 2019
Messages
1,733
Location
Merseyside
Just like Virgin, guess I'll be bringing a bottle of beer or small wine on with me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top