• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone play any musical instrument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezertronic

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2009
Messages
4,125
Location
Birmingham
Trumpet, French Horn, Piano, Keyboard & Drums

I got a GCSE Grade A in Music as well many moons ago :D

... oh and the Atari ST which was the weapon of choice for electronic music in "them days" :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stacey

Member
Joined
8 May 2009
Messages
283
Location
Stourbridge
Trumpet, French Horn, Piano, Keyboard & Drums

I got a GCSE Grade A in Music as well many moons ago :D

... oh and the Atari ST which was the weapon of choice for electronic music in "them days" :)

Lol, and doh! I only got a Grade B GCSE and AS Level in Music! Hey ho! I was rubbish at composition but very good at performance...evened it out!
 

Oswyntail

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
4,183
Location
Yorkshire
Piano and voice, though my public performing days (vocal) are over. So i sing in the bath and play in my front room - except when I get confused.
 

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
1,432
Location
South Liverpool
Grade 8 Piano, play in a jazz group attached to Hope Uni in Liverpool.

Also want to learn Sax!

If we start a RailUK band, what can we play? Going Underground has been mentioned, I thought Love Train and Midnight Train to Georgia?
 

37401

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Messages
3,276
Location
Birmingham
If we start a RailUK band, what can we play? Going Underground has been mentioned, I thought Love Train and Midnight Train to Georgia?

If we get Jimmie Savil (cant spell :roll:) we can do "This is the age of the train" :lol:.
 

j0hn0

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2009
Messages
563
Location
St Albans, England
quite a few drummers, add another one to that list

I also play guitar, bass and write my own songs but I'm **** at that :p
 
Joined
27 Aug 2007
Messages
297
Location
Devon
Ah, this looks like a bloody good thread!

My main instrument is bass, in which I've been playing for over 3.5 years. Self taught. I also play quite a bit of guitar and drums. I dabble in keyboard and know a bit of stuff on violin. I can usually pick up an instrument and figure something out on it. I like messing around with synthesizers in studios as well! I play in a band with my mates - you can check it out
www.myspace.com/alternativeplanmusic

We used to have quite a few gigs, but this summer hasn't been very fruitful. However, we're quite possibly looking at gigs at the Montgomery Hotel in Honiton, the Phoenix in Exeter and The Wharf in Tavistock. We're quite regular on the pub circuit, and usually get good reception. We've played around quite a bit actually, and have a demo. We're only 15, and the demo was done first take :) In fact, our best claim to fame is that Matt Bellamy of Muse has asked to hear our demo and so has Nik Turner of Hawkwind/Space Ritual.

------------------------------------
If you're gonna do a RailUK band, you wanna do some real music man!

Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
One Track Mind - Motorhead
Rock N' Roll Train - AC/DC
Nighttrain - Guns N' Roses

Or you could settle for a jazz approach and do jazz days onboard trains on heritage railways. Not that it would really count as a gig.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top