• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anglia Day Ranger 12/05/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
I had some lines to complete in East Anglia, so starting from Hemel Hempstead I got a cheap day return to Ipswich. I had a plan in mind. Ipswich, direct to Ely. Ely to Norwich. Norwich to Lowestoft. Lowestoft to Ipswich.
The great plan was also to travel the Felixstowe branch to finish off. The Train at 15.58 was cancelled due to a broken down freight train. So I didn't want to waste the ticket so I jumped on a Norwich train and from Norwich direct back to London.

At £12.90 with a Senior card I did 269 miles on the Anglia rover.

So I will have to do the Felixstowe branch another day.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2015
Messages
4,913
Excellent, a shame you couldn’t get that extra line in but there’s always next time. I have lots to do in that area still and one of these ought to be on the cards in the near future when I get a day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top