• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Alstom derby great gathering 1st-3rd August 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

sad1e

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2024
Messages
1,044
Location
London
Now this is just getting better and better! Classes 83, 85, 86, 87, 90, 91 and 92 is great representation of the BR electric loco fleet!
All i could hope for now in terms of electric locos is for the 89 to finally poke its face out of Crewe works and head over to derby.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class15

Established Member
Joined
30 Dec 2021
Messages
4,182
Location
North London or Mildmay line
All i could hope for now in terms of electric locos is that the 89 finally pokes its face out of Crewe works and heads over to derby.
Indeed, I hope it can make it out but I won’t be shocked if not - and the 81 and the 82 I suppose could also be possible as they are at Barrow Hill with the 83 and 85. Also an 88 is an obvious omission from electrics…
 

sad1e

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2024
Messages
1,044
Location
London
Given the significance the DMU played, in the postwar history of Britain's railways, I am surprised at the low representation.
i second this, I'm very surprised that northern haven't offered to donate an unusual DMU such as a 155. Or even that any other operator hasn't sent a 158 either considering the importance of sprinter and express sprinter units historically.
 
Joined
9 Dec 2023
Messages
589
Location
High Wycombe
This could just be me being a Chiltern local, but I feel like as they were amongst the first new trains after privatisation, and were built at Derby, there wouldn’t be any harm in a 168/0 turning up.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,853
Location
Oakham
They have previously stated that they won't be announcing every item that will be attending so as to leaver some surprises, so we shouldn't rule out anything that's not on the official list...
 

kentrailman

Member
Joined
5 Nov 2019
Messages
129
Location
Kent
I just received the below email out of the blue. Has anyone else had one of these?

It says to ignore the email if I did not make the request, but who did? I am worried it might be some sort of hacking episode ?


"We received a request to access your order for Alstom presents The Greatest Gathering (Event Runs From 01/08 to 03/08/2025) on www.seetickets.com.

Please click the link below to view the order details. The link is valid for the next 12 hours.

If you did not make this request, please disregard this email."
 

Tallguy

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2011
Messages
405
I just received the below email out of the blue. Has anyone else had one of these?

It says to ignore the email if I did not make the request, but who did? I am worried it might be some sort of hacking episode ?


"We received a request to access your order for Alstom presents The Greatest Gathering (Event Runs From 01/08 to 03/08/2025) on www.seetickets.com.

Please click the link below to view the order details. The link is valid for the next 12 hours.

If you did not make this request, please disregard this email."
Look at the header for the e mail. Where has it come from? The organiser/ticket people or other? If it is from the organiser then it suggests someone is trying to hack your tickets/account. You can always hover your mouse over the link and see where it directs to.
 

kentrailman

Member
Joined
5 Nov 2019
Messages
129
Location
Kent
Tallguy, Thanks, It was from see tickets as the link in the email led to my actual tickets. Looking at thier website it seems that entering an email address into a retrieve my tickets page will trigger such an email. So someone or some thing put my email address onto the see tickets retrieve tickets page. Just wondered if anyone else has had similar. I don't want to arrive to find my ticket has already been used by someone.
 

Tallguy

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2011
Messages
405
Can I suggest running a virus scan on your PC just in case you have some snooper software downloaded onto it somehow. I would suggest that someone has hacked something somewhere and is searching for passwords, bank card details etc having obtained your e mail addy. It could be random, or could be targeted. I suggest changing passwords on the seetickets account.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top