Tetchytyke
Veteran Member
Swings and roundabouts. The two airports I use the most- other than Ronaldsway International- are Liverpool and Manchester. Manchester has much better facilities- even in T3, where Loganair fly from- but, because it's so much busier, you don't normally get to use them because you've been queueing in security for so long. But if there's a delay I'd much rather be in Manchester T1- where EasyJet fly from- than Liverpool. T3 is better if you're flying between the big Ryanair waves of holiday flights, but it is hell on earth if your flight coincides with one of their big waves of departures.It’s an interesting conversation, but for me personally I’d always favour somewhere with decent facilities that provides much better hospitality in the event of delays or problems, and just feels ‘proper’.
On the subject of airport 'taxes', both Manchester and Liverpool charge a drop-off fee but offer a 'free drop off' in the long stay car parks. Liverpool again has an advantage because it is smaller- you can walk in about five minutes to the 'free drop off' in the long stay car park, whereas Manchester requires a long and annoying bus ride to/from the terminal.