• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance Ticket Search

ajhard

Member
Joined
2 Sep 2011
Messages
65
Is there any easy way to search for Advance fare availability, specifically across the GWR network, or is the only way to search for specific routes / times to see ticket prices available?

Thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,791
Location
UK
Do you mean finding the cheapest possible fares for a given route? Obviously fares vary massively by route and distance so I'm not quite sure how else you would search.

Some retailers (Trainline are probably the best known one) show the lowest priced fares they've seen for any given day on their calendar, when you're making a search.
 

ajhard

Member
Joined
2 Sep 2011
Messages
65
Sorry - should have given the why…I have various GWR Rewards which are for free or discounted Advance fares, but a few searches for specific routes and times are not showing any Advance fares available and I’m not sure if that’s because they have gone or were never available.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,985
Location
Airedale
Sorry - should have given the why…I have various GWR Rewards which are for free or discounted Advance fares, but a few searches for specific routes and times are not showing any Advance fares available and I’m not sure if that’s because they have gone or were never available.
You could try Brfares.com which will tell you if the fares exist "on paper."
 

Top