• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletus

Established Member
Joined
11 Dec 2010
Messages
2,399
Location
Dover
To me this is one of the best tv programmes at the moment.
8 Out Of 10 Cats as an individual programme does nothing for me and I'm not really a Jimmy Carr fan.
But, giving Countdown a comedy slant seems to work.
Last week I caught a normal episode of Countdown and it just appears so staid in comparison.
Anyway, it's on at 9.00 on Channel 4, see you later :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
44,413
Location
Yorks
Countdown and it just appears so staid in comparison.

Alas, the original has lost something without the wit of the late Richard Whitely.

Personally I prefer the original eight out of ten cats as I enjoy the current affairs element (together with the smut and bad language :D)
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I love this twist of the programme lately; have been following the series eagerly. I usually am not very good at the words rounds (5 letter max generally), however I love the numbers rounds, since I'm pretty good at them. :)
 

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
I haven't seen it and I shan't be seeing it either after they did fifteen to one. Why not bring back the proper show? Twas the best quiz show on tv :cry:

I shall stick to the regular countdown whenever I can.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
I haven't seen it and I shan't be seeing it either after they did fifteen to one. Why not bring back the proper show? Twas the best quiz show on tv :cry:

I shall stick to the regular countdown whenever I can.
I don't ever remember watching it, but it appears it is coming back
.
 

afyutr

Member
Joined
23 Dec 2013
Messages
108
That is an impressive effort. I like the way he starts to realise halfway through what's about to happen.

Countdown with Jimmy Carr et al is one of the best things on TV at the moment. Alongside David Moyes dismantling Manchester United.

This took some balls... http://youtu.be/JSUmAGV2Uco
 

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,562
Location
Somewhere
I like 8 out of 10 gets does countdown but I wish they would stop with the Jimmy Carr doing things during the 30 second countdown. It's not funny and adds nothing to the show IMO.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top