• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1B98 on a Sunday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

150249

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2021
Messages
1,242
Location
The better Devon city
I'm on holiday in Wales and, whilst looking through what trains would pass me today, I saw this. 175101 connected to 158838. Does this often happen?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20220814_090149_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220814_090149_com.android.chrome.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 59
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ls2270

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2012
Messages
5,540
Location
Basingstoke
I'm on holiday in Wales and, whilst looking through what trains would pass me today, I saw this. 175101 connected to 158838. Does this often happen?
I’m pretty sure that’s an error! I don’t think 175s can couple to anything other than other 175s, for passenger service purposes at least.
 

asdirective

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2011
Messages
26
I'm on holiday in Wales and, whilst looking through what trains would pass me today, I saw this. 175101 connected to 158838. Does this often happen?
It will never happen in real life, as they have different types of couplers.

This usually shows up when a 175 is allocated to a 15x diagram or vice versa. The train is allocated automatically to the diagram, which may throw up some anomalies like this. They are updated manually by the control teams throughout the day, as required, and with whatever swaps they want to make.
 

150249

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2021
Messages
1,242
Location
The better Devon city
It will never happen in real life, as they have different types of couplers.

This usually shows up when a 175 is allocated to a 15x diagram or vice versa. The train is allocated automatically to the diagram, which may throw up some anomalies like this. They are updated manually by the control teams throughout the day, as required, and with whatever swaps they want to make.
I’m pretty sure that’s an error! I don’t think 175s can couple to anything other than other 175s, for passenger service purposes at least.
Thank you both for the quick replies. I did think they were only compatible with other 175's
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top