• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Zerocool

  1. Z

    How to become a PTS ELECTRICIAN

    Hi all, seems as the last post I posted on here was a huge help I thought I'd try again to see if anyone can help me out. Long story short is, as it says in the title. How do I become a PTS ELECTRICIAN? A little about me I've got my domestic elec quals i.e. 17th Edition, part P etc... And I...
  2. Z

    How to obtain rail sponsorship

    Some training companies have sponsors on site that will sponsor you for the pts training. What I would do is call around the different companies that offer the training and ask them if they have the ability to provide sponsorship for the duration of the course.
  3. Z

    Drugs test sent away for further tests

    Hi all, one final update from me. Thank you everyone for responding it really helped the nerves whilst waiting to hear what was going to happen! I spoke to the doctor this morning and it was very basic, what happened for you to take the pain killers, do you take them regularly etc... And that...
  4. Z

    Drugs test sent away for further tests

    Yeah good shout ComUtoR. Probably just frustrating because I just want to get passed this part and start my 10 day training next week. When u sit back and think about it, you're right. And am happy with regards to safety! ??????
  5. Z

    Drugs test sent away for further tests

    Just an update guys for anyone who wants to know. Further tests came back and as expected was exactly what I disclosed to the medical team i.e. co codamol. However, apparently the levels are higher than what they would expect (not sure how this is, I spoke to my gp and he said everyones body...
  6. Z

    Drugs test sent away for further tests

    Thanks for the reply ge-gn. Appreciate the advice. Hopefully I get the job and in future will take ur advice on board i.e. making sure I report it if taken anything :)
  7. Z

    Drugs test sent away for further tests

    As I said in my post falcon. I weren't supposed to have the medical for another week after I took the pain killers. Obviously had I known before I took them I was going to have a D&A the next day then id have just suffered through the pain! :roll:
  8. Z

    Drugs test sent away for further tests

    Awesome cheers both! Hoping all will be ok. They said they'll get back to me by 4th Oct the latest (10 day course starts on 9th) so will let you all know how I get on!
  9. Z

    Drugs test sent away for further tests

    Thank you all. Makes me feel a little better. On answer to the question about them being prescribed. Yes, they were prescribed by my GP with all the labels etc... On the box showing my name. I understand it's for safety reasons and wont even drive after taking them let alone work somewhere where...
  10. Z

    Drugs test sent away for further tests

    Hi all, Was looking for some help on this. I've read other threads which are similar but wondering if I could get some assistance on my specific issue. I've recently just done my medical for my PTS was really looking forward to starting a career on the rails but my drugs test has now been...

Top