• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by xhpuam

  1. X

    Now I am so interested in Third Rail Issue

    Haha Yeah, I am from China We got 3rd rail in beijing, and many people think the subway is dangerous coz the running rail carries 20KV of power. Actually we use 3rd rail hidden under platform, 825 V DC on open circuit and drop to 750V DC when a train is nearby normal running, and pop up...
  2. X

    Now I am so interested in Third Rail Issue

    Thank you now I understand In England most of 3rd rail is protected by fence, although small amount of level crossing exsists. But I see this INCREDIBLE video, taxi hit 3rd rail and burn. See how near the cars are parked, I was wondering how many people gonna be electrocuted on that rail every...
  3. X

    Now I am so interested in Third Rail Issue

    But I see a few video indicating that the 3rd rail area is not completely isolated from wild field, which means the kids can walk onto it in some region right? Can you get me some photos? I've been searching but I can not find these(not kids on 3rd rail, but third rail open to wild)
  4. X

    Now I am so interested in Third Rail Issue

    I've been to England once, around London. I noticed that vast area of rail way is powered by 3rd rail. In my country all the third rail system must be protected by fence that no one can enter the area. But I think in England you have exposed all these danger to public, which indicates...

Top