• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Velocireb

  1. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    Thank you - I shall take a look! No better way to spend a bank hol. :lol:And thread has been incredibly interesting. Thanks to all who took the time to contribute. I shall no doubt be back with more puzzlement! Velocireb
  2. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    chrisTheRef - I am asking a genuine question - which stations are as busy as Sawbridgeworth but get a worse service?
  3. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    All very interesting. I hadn't thought of GA trying to lure people on away from FCC! What do people think the future holds for these extended platforms? Nothing till GA's franchise ends? Or nothing until stansted grows? Or no way of knowing? --- old post above --- --- new post below --- All...
  4. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    @47241 You've hit the nail on the head. This service is often short-formed, at which point it is a hideous journey, as it it filled up at Stansted Airport, and as you point out, we have no other options. which leads me nicely to my next gripe. When GA short-form this service, I tweet them to...
  5. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    Well, we are definitely not talking about 'leave people behind' busy (I realise that this will seem like paradise to some commuters!) but more busy enough that sometimes you won't get a seat (and don't get me started on the number of people coming off a flight at Stansted who then want to have a...
  6. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    Very interesting - thanks all for posting. I can see that 12-car trains running all day would probably be overkill. But what is frustrating is in the morning and evening peak we have two fast Stansted Express services stopping at Sawbridgeworth (the 7.14, 8.14 and then the 17.39 and 18.39 back...
  7. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    @47421 I think there are two separate issues. One is that GA are as you point out reluctant to ever make additional stops to compensate for late-running trains. No doubt this is due to them wanting to hit their targets or whatever they are - once they've cancelled a train there's no point them...
  8. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    ryan125hst - sort of! But the point here is that the platforms are long enough for the trains, so it is not a case of them being too long and having to keep some doors shut. There are 12-car trains running, we have platforms long enough for them, and yet they are never scheduled to stop at...
  9. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    'as class 379s have SDO' - what does this mean, please? So does nobody who deals with rail strategy care that these 12-car platforms are completely wasted? Thanks for the background info about NXEA; as a commuter it is such an infuriating situations. This morning the 8.14 Stansted Express...
  10. V

    12-car platforms at Sawbridgeworth

    Hello, I'm a regular user of Greater Anglia's terrible service from Sawbridgeworth in to London. One thing more than any other baffles me (there are plenty of things that baffle me about GA, but this is the one that crops up most. Every morning, in fact, as I gaze across at the lovely long...

Top