• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by UncleArthur

  1. U

    Unrecorded Accident: December 1963

    Thank you so much for posting this! It's great to have an idea of what Albert got up to. I'll pass this on to t'wife; I know she'll be thrilled to hear. Thanks again, Paul
  2. U

    Unrecorded Accident: December 1963

    Possibly not. The Edgeley family lived at Clapham Common (Lydon Road) at the time, so Alan Glyn was Albert's local MP.
  3. U

    Unrecorded Accident: December 1963

    Once again, thanks for the suggestions for further research. I've spend an hour or so at the National Archive at Kew's website (as suggested by John) without success so far. I've also emailed the Southern Railway Group, as suggested by 70014IronDuke. My thoughts currently are that edwin_m is...
  4. U

    Unrecorded Accident: December 1963

    Thank you, John. That's a great idea! I'd love to know what Albert did that led to him attending a presentation, and receiving a written letter of commendation from his MP.
  5. U

    Unrecorded Accident: December 1963

    Thank you all for taking the trouble to reply and suggest where I might look next. As suggested, please find attached scans of the photos of the crash. The final scan is of the back of one of the photos; all the photos have identical comments on the back. Kind regards, Paul
  6. U

    Unrecorded Accident: December 1963

    Hello all. This is my first post on the forum, which I have joined because of a discovery recently made following the death of my father-in-law. My wife's grandfather (Albert Edward Edgeley) was a train driver working in the Southern Region of British Railways in the '50s and '60s. Following...

Top