• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Ukvisitor77

  1. U

    Copenhagen to Malmö

    Which would be more scenic---bus or train
  2. U

    Travel to Cardiff options

    I am thinking about going to Cardiff either from London or Reading for a day next weekend (probably Sunday), what would be the most economical fare and most scenic route? Thanks
  3. U

    London to Edinburgh

    I booked the London Euston to Edinburgh Waverly as first class advance for £103.00 for two (with railcard discount), getting seats 12 and 15 in Coach H. Is this the correct side to sit to get the best views? What route should I book from Edinburgh/Glasgow back to London to get the other coast...
  4. U

    London to Edinburgh

    thanks --- old post above --- --- new post below --- London Euston to Edinburgh Coach: J Seat: 09 - Table, Seat with a view, Aisle Seat: 12 - Table, Seat with a view, Aisle I am assuming these are not together?
  5. U

    London to Edinburgh

    Thank You Do I understand this correctly? Anything departing from/arriving at Euston is the West Coast Line and Kings Cross is the East Coast Line
  6. U

    London to Edinburgh

    Is the London-Glasgow route just as scenic or more scenic than the London-Edinburgh route?
  7. U

    London to Edinburgh

    That's why I bought up Glasgow--- In Edinburgh I am booked at Pollock Halls (student housing) and in Glasgow I can get a 4 star for the same price. I am mainly wanting to do the Royal Mile, the tattoo (tickets booked) and the yacht so trying to decide if staying in Glasgow might become too much...
  8. U

    London to Edinburgh

    Thanks--Is it advisable to book now before I have the rail card in hand?
  9. U

    London to Edinburgh

    It looks like if I stay in Glasgow, coming in and going out from Edinburgh could be a 90 min journey. How expensive are those tickets for scotrail?
  10. U

    London to Edinburgh

    Thank you all for the amazing suggestions! I already ordered the Two for 1 railcard and it has been dispatched, but hasn't arrived yet. I was told that if I book discounted travel online before it arrives, I might have to pay full fare when I go to collect the tickets (of if the card does not...
  11. U

    London to Edinburgh

    Hello Am visiting the UK soon and was thinking of spending August 10-13 in Edinburgh. My options are fly, take train or Caledonia sleeper. I am thinking for two if would be a more scenic route to go via train or the sleeper, I am trying not be spend too much. What would you recommend would be...

Top