• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by toma94

  1. T

    Prosecution for travelling in first class without a first class ticket

    Ok, now I'm concerned. Does the fact that I've done it before (always under the - admittedly incorrect - belief that first class didn't operate in peak hours) make it more likely to end in a criminal conviction?
  2. T

    Prosecution for travelling in first class without a first class ticket

    I'm assuming he was an employee as he had an SWR pin badge, but I didn't think to ask for ID. He sat near me in first class, so I'm guessing he followed me from the gate at Surbiton and when he saw I was boarding first class, he saw his opportunity?
  3. T

    Prosecution for travelling in first class without a first class ticket

    What are the consequences of this being a criminal offence? Will it result in a criminal record, or will I be able to avoid this by paying a fine as soon as they provide notice?
  4. T

    Prosecution for travelling in first class without a first class ticket

    Thanks for the response. Re: 1, I figured as much - thanks for clarifying. Re: 2, 3 and 5, fair enough. Re: 4, I do feel he was acting in an inappropriate manner. For example, when he asked where I was born, I assumed he meant country so said England, and he angrily responded "Obviously you...

Top