• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by tired.traveler

  1. T

    FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

    Thanks guys for all the supporting advice and comments, it's really really helpful! Like I said, I just feel devastated by the whole thing. I would never have bought the ticket had I thought for one moment I didn't have my Railcard with me - the embarrassment alone is enough to stop that.
  2. T

    FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

    I didn't give a recent address. And I haven't changed my card address to my current address, as it's credit card and was planning on not renewing it.... Hmm, I'm veering towards phoning them in the morning and trying to explain the whole backdrop to it etc. Just no idea what I'll do. Very stressful.
  3. T

    FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

    I said I thought I had paid the correct fare, I protested my innocence because I genuinely thought that I had my Railcard with me. I really emphasised my belief I had paid the right fare. So all of this personal data can be extracted from my ticket and receipt alone. I wouldn't have thought they...
  4. T

    FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

    Thanks Yorkie, you're clearly an expert in this, thanks a bunch! I'm just in such a rut regarding my ticket info tho and precisely what details they can retrieve from it? I'll certainly never use the train again so possibility of inspector seeing me on it again is nil. But they have my ticket...
  5. T

    FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

    Thanks Stigy. I know what I did was absolutely senseless. I have no excuse. I'm currently on probation, new job, so this would kill it. But they have my ticket with receipt so I don't know what details they can track from that. I'll certainly never use the train again, but I would have thought...
  6. T

    FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

    I really don't know what to do and I haven't been able to get a direct contact number to whoever makes the decisions either. It's just devastating. Is conviction a criminal record? That would literally end my career. :(
  7. T

    FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

    Thanks Scotsman. Is there anything I can do!? :S I asked several times while I was discussing this with the inspector, I had no confidence he was really even recording what happened right. I suspect from what you're saying that calling them is a totally pointless gesture then. :(
  8. T

    FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

    Thanks guys, I refused to pay because it just seemed then (before familiarising myself worth the whole system) so excessive. I dunno what to do now though. I've literally just moved house and I don't know my full address details with postcode etc. It's just a absolutely awful. I asked the train...
  9. T

    FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

    Hi All, I was travelling with FCC to Kings X over the wkend and I got stopped by a ticket inspector who asked to see my Railcard. I didn't have it with me, my mistake I know, but I genuinely thought it was in my wallet - always is!!! Anyway, the inspector was very verbally aggressive, really...

Top